Only 3:13 p.m. but still it’s been a brilliantly productive day so far. This, despite the fact that my body is a physical wreck from yesterday’s gym class. Lots of stretching, hot showers and L-Glutamine tablets have done nothing but goad my body into laughing maniacally at the pains (literal) I have gone to in my efforts to ease my sore, brutalised muscles. Still, it’s “good” pain, right? It means I didn’t cheat in class (well, I did a bit, but I’m still in pain). So no gym class today – I need a day off, but still stretching and doing light yoga, so I believe that affords me some brownie points, no? Where those brownie points go, and why they are called brownie points is another matter entirely, and not for discussion here – unless someone wants to take it up in the comments section.
In the meantime, I have been thinking only positive thoughts and lots of good karmic energy has been coming my way. Today alone, the following occurred:
- I found a fantastic magazine to pitch my ‘Green’ story to. Will they respond? I don’t know. But do check out E Magazine, nonetheless. It’s a great mag, promoting a great environmental cause. So whether my pitch is accepted or not, I’m happy to just know they are out there, making the world a little better one step at a time.
- A parcel sent to my brother and sister-in-law in Israel that I sent seven weeks ago with presents for their newborn twins (boy and girl – completely adorable!), went missing. I was devastated. And then today, it showed up! Hooray. They opened it “live” on Skype so I could see them receiving the presents. That can’t help but put a smile on your face. Here’s a picture of my new nephew and niece. His name is Inon and her name is Renana.
- The Aussie child star and her boyfriend accepted a dinner invitation from me and will be round this week to eat and work as we put together our pitch plans to let everyone know she is indeed still alive and well and thriving.
- A pitch I made to a newspaper a couple of weeks ago was accepted today (hooray). Tight deadline, though. It’s due Friday morning (New York) time. So guess what I’ll be working on over the next two days?
- I also received another request to write an article for an online publication today – at least I have a longer deadline – two whole weeks. Hooray! And there’s also the possibility of more work with this particular outlet in the future, so that makes me VERY happy.
- I”m halfway through transcribing my notes for the August 9 deadline.
- I just came across a great web site for submitting fiction to writing contests. It’s on my blog roll too. Check em out if you want to get your fictitious voice out there! It’s called Creative Writing Contests. Straightforward and to the point, no?
So, so far a good day. Still lots to do today, but feeling good, and am on the prowl for great blogs to add to my blog roll. Let me know if you’re aware of great “writing” bloggers out there. Cheers to all!