Help! I think I’m actually having a social media meltdown. Does this not happen to anyone else? I’m so busy trying to figure out how to tweet, facebook, blogg, digg, both this blog, and get going on the dry run of my website (name and address coming very very soon,) I feel like I’m drowning. Especially after seeing this lovely Youtube clip:
And, of course I’m doing Jane Boursaw’s course and we’re now onto the “Social Media” part, which I confess, aside from being under the weather with the beginnings of some kind of unpleasant bug, I’ve been putting off doing. But now I’m working on it with gusto.
Is this the bane of a freelancer’s life? Constantly juggling so many project you don’t know which ones to work on when? Where, how, what to promote and why? Right now if I add everything up I’m currently working on:
- Two ongoing editing projects
- Three articles
- One blog
- One Website
- Three interviews to set up
- Prepping to teach a class
- Transcribing three hours of notes from an interview
- Spending time doing the volunteer work I’m committed to
- Checking for new freelance jobs every day
- and… of course… finding time to blog, tweet, facebook etc. etc. and keep up with others in my profession who are doing the same thing.
And I’m an organised person. Truly. I have diaries, notes, papers, lists, etc. but I still get confused about what I’m working on when, what I want to work on, what I have to work on. I try to lay out my day to spend x amount of time on one thing and y amount of time on another. But it rarely works. While it’s great to be able to chop and change when you get fed up with one thing or another, it can still be overwhelming. And I think social media puts me under even more pressure.
Now, if only I can find time to write more fiction and read my latest edition of Writer’s Digest Magazine.
Anyone else feeling the pressure?